Highland Hills Middle School Announcement for Friday, September 15, 2023
- This year, Highland Hills will be hosting a Field of Flags fundraiser for the Disabled American Veterans. The DAV provides critical support to America’s ill and injured veterans. For each $10 donation, HHMS will receive a flag to plant in our field. We hope to cover our front lawn in flags to show our support for America’s heroes. Our flags will be on display for our Veterans Day Program, which will be held on November 10. Will you fly a flag to honor and support our veterans? Use this link to add your flag to our field today! https://support.dav.org/campaign/hhmsflags All of the donations are collected through the website and go to the DAV. Please email Rebecca Davis firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Thank you!
NAFCS Middle School Reading and Math Workshop
October 2-6, 2023
9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Scribner Middle School (for Hazelwood and Scribner students)
Highland Hills Middle School (for HHMS students)
Half-Day FREE Workshop will include:
*Quarter 1 review of reading and math skills
*Daily indoor/outdoor physical activity
*Fun atmosphere and positive learning environment
*Transportation to and from school
*A visit from the Kona Ice Truck
To secure your student’s spot, register with one of the options below
by 12:00p.m. (noon) September 22!
Scan Or Click HERE to register!
Athletics Announcements (We also have an athletic bulletin board located in the Commons near the pool)
- Boys tennis team put up another good fight yesterday afternoon. Came up just short in a 3-2 loss to Providence.
Clubs (We have a club bulletin board located in the Commons near the pool)
- All Pro Dads ~ Email Rob Holtzmann with questions email@example.com
- November 17
- February 16
- May 17
- Book Club ~ Meets the last Monday of the month from 8:00 – 8:40am. See Mrs. Woten with any questions @ firstname.lastname@example.org
September’s Book is My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George. We will meet on Monday, September 25th at 8:00am in the library to discuss it. Hope to see you there! Please see Mrs. Woten in the library if you have any questions. Happy Reading!
- Monday, September 25
- Monday, October 30
- Monday, November 27
- Monday, December 18
- Monday, January 29
- Monday, February 26
- Monday, April 29
- Monday, May 20
- Campus Life ~ for 5-8th grades meets on every Wednesday after school until 5:00pm in the cafeteria. NO Campus Life today due to the Early Release
- Campus Life for 5 – 8th grades will begin Wednesday, August 16 and meet every Wednesday after school until 5:00pm in the cafeteria. Campus Life is a positive place where students can have fun with friends, talk about relevant issues, and be heard without judgment. It’s a place where you will be challenged to make good decisions and lead in a positive way here at HHMS. See Kevin Becht with any questions @ email@example.com
- Chess club ~ The club will meet every Tuesday after school until 5:00 in Mrs. Schroeder’s room (A244). All students are welcome. Contact Mrs. Milliner or Mrs. Schroeder with any questions.
- Disc Golf Club ~
- Anyone interested in playing or learning disc golf are welcome. Your host is Jason Eaton is a bus driver for FCHS & HHMS. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested and can’t make it. Let it fly!
- INTRAMURALS are for any 5th – 8th grader that is interested in playing different sports before school.
- 7th and 8th graders are on Thursdays from 7:30 – 8:35am.
- 5th and 6th graders are on Fridays from 7:30 – 8:35am.
- You enter the gym through door #28.
- If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Fox or Mr. Michell.
|Sep. 21 and 22||Falcon ball|
|Sep. 28 and 29||Tee ball|
|Oct. 5 and 6||NO INTRAMURALS THIS WEEK DUE TO FALL BREAK|
|Oct. 12 and 13||NO INTRAMURALS THIS WEEK DUE TO FALL BREAK|
|Oct. 19 and 20||Basketball|
|Oct. 26 and 27||Soccer|
|Nov. 2 and 3||Handball|
|Nov. 9 and 10||Wiffle ball|
|Nov. 16 and 17||Floor Hockey|
|Nov. 23 and 24||NO INTRAMURALS THIS WEEK DUE TO THANKSGIVING BREAK|
|Nov. 30 and Dec. 1||Cricket Baseball|
|Dec. 7 and 8||Flag Football|
|Dec. 14 and 15||Santa Dodgeball|
- Journalism Club ~ Journalism Club is back. Do you like to write, take pictures and talk to others? We will meet every other week to begin, but may move to every week later in the year if needed. All participants should be picked up by 5pm. Club is open to any student grades 5-8 in room A185. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Taggart at email@example.com.
- Lego Clup ~ Meet in the library once a month on Wednesdays from 3:45-4:30pm
- Oct 18th
- Nov 15th
- Dec 13th
- Random Acts of Kindness ~ will meet on the THIRD Thursday of each month. We will meet after school in the library until 5 pm. Here is a list of RAK meetings to add to the master calendar:
- Sept. 21
- Oct. 19
- Nov. 30 (this is date change due to Thanksgiving break)
- NO MEETING IN DECEMBER
- Jan. 18
- Feb. 15
- NO MEETING IN MARCH
- April 18
- May 16
- RC Club (Remote Control Car) ~ Here is the google classroom code for students that are interested in the RC Club. We will start up after Labor Day if there is enough interest.
- We will meet Wednesday, Sept. 20th after school in Mr. Finken’s room A232.
- Students should bring their cars to the 2nd floor store room like last year before school.
- Sign Language Club (ASL) ~ will meet on Tuesdays in the Library from 8:15am – 8:40am. Mrs. Schaffer will meet you at Door 1 to let you in the building. Meeting dates:
- September 26, 2023
- October 17, 2023
- October 31, 2023
- November 14, 2023 – Different location – Safety Net Room
- November 28, 2023
- December 12, 2023
- January 9, 2024
- January 23, 2024
- February 6, 2024
- February 20, 2024
- March 5, 2024
- April 2, 2024
- April 16, 2024
- April 30, 2024
- May 14, 2024 – Different location – Safety Net Room
- May 28, 2024
- Student Council – (Sponsors: Amellia Dusch & Lindsey Edwards)
- Student Council members, please check your email for information about ordering T Shirts.
Good luck to any of our Jaguars that perform or play this evening. Remember it’s NOT whether you win or lose, it’s how you play the game. Celebrate your wins, don’t get stuck on your losses and always be a team player. Have a great afternoon.
School Picture Make-ups will be October 24th (after fall break)
Here is the QR code for parents to be able to make appointments through the health department for immunizations.
- Lunch Menu Links: https://foodservice.nafcs.org/
- Here is our PTO September Newsletter below.
- Volunteering @ school? Do not forget that we need a background check run every school year if you are going to be in our school or volunteering your time with our students. If you have already filled it out for this school year (2023-24), you do not need to do it again. Here is the link to submit your information:
- If you have any transportation questions or need to be added to a bus route, please Email Transportation@nafcs.org
- Car Rider Reminder – please pull you vehicle all the way up (bumper to bumper) so that we can get as many cars in as possible when loading and unloading.
- No Students should be walking in the parking lot unless with adult supervision. Thank you
- Car Rider Pick-up and Drop Off ~All car riders dropping off or picking up students will enter the Indian Creek Lane entrance (NOT our main entrance). The front is for Buses and Staff Parking only. Once you pass the tennis courts, you will use:
- Morning drop-off:
- To alleviate congestion on the main road in the morning, we will allow vehicles to use either the upper or lower car rider lines to drop off their students based on traffic flow.
- Only 5th-grade students will be allowed to go straight to their classroom at 8:40am.
- All 6th, 7th, & 8th-grade students using the upper car rider line will use the back stairwell with supervision to walk down to the Commons/Cafe’/Gym. These students should NOT stop at their locker or their classrooms unsupervised.
- Please stay in your lane and remain in that lane. If you are in the right lane, that will be taking you up to the upper car rider line. If you are in the left lane, that will take you to the lower car rider lane. For safety measures, you should NOT switch lanes at the 3-way stop.
- Afternoon pick-up:
- The right-hand lane to enter the Upper Car Rider Circle (5th & 6th Grade ONLY)
- The left-hand lane to use the Lower Car Rider Circle (for vehicles that have any 7th or 8th Grade students)
- All vehicles will NEED to stop at the 3-Way stop in the back.
- Both lanes will exit using the side parking lot
- Cars attempting to enter the front entrance will be directed to the Indian Creek Lane for drop off. We appreciate your cooperation.
- If you arrive at HHMS at 9:00, you need to use the front entrance and walk your student in for a Tardy pass. (The back doors will be locked for safety reasons)
Parents – We have a need!
The HHMS Clothes Closet is in need of:
- Boys and girls underwear in a variety of youth and adult sizes.
- Leggings, sweatpants, and athletic shorts in neutral colors and all sizes.
- Boys and girls white or black socks in a variety of sizes (non-fuzzy).
Donations can be turned in to grade level counselors in the morning or at lunch.
- Tutoring Opportunity:
Help your students start the school year strong by encouraging them to take advantage of Indiana Learns tutoring grants. Qualifying students can access $1,000 in grant funds to be spent with approved Learning Partners (tutoring providers). Families can enroll eligible students by completing the enrollment worksheet and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Schools are encouraged to apply to become a Learning Partner. As a Learning Partner, your school can leverage Indiana Learns funds to pay teachers to provide support to students during the school day. Tutoring can take place during the school day (outside of tier 1 math and reading instruction). The Indiana Learns team will provide the support needed to establish the program in the Indiana Learns portal and any additional support needed. Learning Partner requirements can be found here and the application can be found here.