Highland Hills Afternoon Announcement for Friday, September 11, 2020 (Patriots Day)
- Students should be checking their school emails daily!
- For traditional learning students: if you have a need to be virtual on a day that you are supposed to be at school, please email your teachers to let them know. Your parent/guardian must call the attendance line to let the office know as well.
- Very important for virtual students returning to school for practice in the afternoon. YOU NEED to REMAIN in your VEHICLE until the buses have left HHMS.
- All Athletics MUST wear a mask per the Floyd County Health Department. They are able to remove the mask during strenuous activity at the direction of their coach.
- Reminder that All tryouts/practices are closed to the public.
- Cheer practice is today from 5:00-7:00. If you have a physical on file from last year, you do not need a new one. Please bring only your mask, water bottle, and a hand sanitizer if you wish (no backpacks.) Questions can be sent to Mrs. Thieneman: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Next week (September 14 – 18):
- 5th & 6th will come to school Mon/Tue & Thur/Fri
- 7th & 8th will be Last Name A-K on Mon/Thur and L-Z on Tue/Fri
- Virtual Learning for ALL Students (K-12) will on:
- Wednesday, September 16
- Wednesday, September 23
- Wednesday, September 30
- Wednesday, October 7
- Picture Retakes – October 29 – Here is our Lifetouch Picture form. Lifetouch Picture forms 2020.pdf
- For Technology Issues: Option 1 – Phone support: 812-542-4700 & Option 2 – Google Webform support:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSek3wG8R726gYtzo96nVsx4Q2EqCzbmFHQHEmnzsPpoWUjZLw/viewform
- To save on paper and due to our virtual students, paper copies of Progress Reports will not be going home. Please login to your student’s PowerSchool Student Portal account using their Student username and password. There is NOT a Parent Portal at this time. Here are the steps to login or use the following link https://nafcs.powerschool.com/public
- Open Class link
- Click on Powerschool icon
- Enter student username and password
- Click sign in
- Grades may not be accurate until Monday, September 14th. Please contact your child’s teacher if you have questions or concerns about their grades. We appreciate the grace that you have given our teachers & staff during this time of working through the kinks in our new PowerSchool system and Teaching models.
|HHMS Wednesday’s Collaboration @ 8:05am for Teachers|
|7th/8th Grade Schedule||6th – 3 Teacher||5th – 2 Teacher||5th – 3 Teacher|
|9:00 – 9:35 (35)||Period 1||Specials||Block 1||Block 1|
|9:40 – 10:15 (35)||Period 2||Block 1||Specials||Specials|
|10:20 – 10:55 (35)||Period 3||Block 1||Block 1||Block 1|
|11:00 – 11:35 (35)||Period 4||Block 2||Block 1||Block 2|
|11:40 – 12:15 (35)||Period 5||Block 2||Block 2||Block 2|
|12:20 – 12:55 (35)||Period 6||Block 3||Block 2||Block 3|
|1:00 – 1:35 (35)||Period 7||Block 3||Block 2||Block 3|
|1:35 – 2:05 (30) Lunch|
|2:05 – 3:50 (1 Hour 45 Min) Teacher Driven Professional Development This will time for students to work independently.|
- Remember to STAY HUMBLE, WORK HARD, and BE KIND!
- Thank you for doing the Best of Your Ability!
- Have a great weekend!