Highland Hills Afternoon Announcement for Wednesday, August 26, 2020
- Students, if you forget your mask when you arrive at school, please report to the health office immediately to get one. You should NOT go to your classroom.
- This is a reminder that Friday, August 28, will be ALL VIRTUAL for ALL STUDENTS. No students will be present at school. You will log in to your Google Classroom for your assignments from home.
- Students (and Parents), if your teacher needs to have a substitute teacher, you will NOT have a Google meet that day. Your teacher will put your assignment on Google Classroom for you to do during that class period. Substitutes do NOT have access to go virtual with students.
- THURSDAY LUNCH MENU: Bag 1 is Cheeseburger & Bag 2 is Smuckers PBJ, Cheese Stick & Goldfish crackers with SIDES: Applesauce cup, Broccoli florets, Cherry tomatoes, Ranch cup & Milk
- Picture Day is September 2nd (6th Grade) & September 3rd (5th Grade). 7th & 8th Grade will have theirs taken on the day they are present at HHMS. All Virtual students will be able to come either day from 4:15 – 5:15. *If you are Virtual due to Quarantine, we ask that you wait until retakes on Oct. 29th. Here is our Lifetouch Picture form. Lifetouch Picture forms 2020.pdf
- 2019-2020 Yearbooks are for sale in Ms. Benning’s Room in A-253! Stop by before 1st period. They are $40. Exact change or check made out to HHMS required.
- HHMS is sponsoring a Military Appreciation Art Contest! Students are invited to create a piece of 2-dimensional art that shows appreciation for our military. Submissions are due by Friday, September 25. More details will be given in your social studies class and can be found on the school Facebook page.
- The week of Labor Day (September 7 – 11):
- 5th & 6th Grade will go Tuesday – Friday
- 7th & 8th Grade
- Students Last Name A-K will go Tuesday & Thursday
- Students Last Name L-Z will go Wednesday & Friday
- Virtual Learning for ALL Students (K-12) will move to the middle of the week for:
- Wednesday, September 16
- Wednesday, September 23
- Wednesday, September 30
- Wednesday, October 7
- 5th & 6th will come to school Mon/Tue & Thur/Fri
- 7th & 8th will be Last Name A-K on Mon/Thur and L-Z on Tue/Fri
- FKE will have a pick-up event for last year’s 4th-grade students to get their yearbooks, class t-shirts, class composite photos, and awards. See flyer for more details (If you cannot open, contact FKE): 2.jpg
- For Technology Issues:
Option 1 – Phone support: 812-542-4700
Option 2 – Google Webform support: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSek3wG8R726gYtzo96nVsx4Q2EqCzbmFHQHEmnzsPpoWUjZLw/viewform
- Remember to STAY HUMBLE, WORK HARD, and BE KIND!
- Thank you for doing the Best of Your Ability!
- Have a great afternoon!