Highland Hills Middle School Announcement for Friday, May 26, 2023
Thank you to our PTO for two amazing Field Days for our school. We appreciate all of the volunteers that helped make it so successful!
Upcoming end-of-the-year dates:
- Memoral Day – Monday, May 29 – No School; Office is closed
- Awards Day
- 5th & 6th on Tuesday, May 30th
- 7th & 8th on Wednesday, May 31st.
- Parents will be notified with details if their student is receiving an award.
- All A’s Recognition will receive a certificate in Homerooms/1st Period (This will be for the first 3 Quarters since grades are not due until June 1st.)
- There will be an 8th grade event after school on Tuesday, May 30 that will be after school until 6pm. Parents will use both car rider lines for pick. Please do not use the front parking lot.
- If your child’s last name ends with A-L, use the upper car rider line.
- If your child’s last name ends with M-Z, use the lower car rider line.
- If you are picking up multiple kids or your child is riding with another parent, use the child’s name associated with the adult picking up.
- Last Student Day- Wednesday, May 31
- Chromebooks collect. Any student absent this day should turn in their device at the office window during office hours. If any student is not planning on coming to school next week, have them turn it in early.
- As of this morning, there are 20 left! If you are are interested in purchasing a Yearbook see Ms. Benning’s room (A-253) before school or during 7th period. Yearbooks are $40. You may bring a check made out to HHMS or bring $40 exact change.
- Moving schools? If you know your student is not attending HHMS next school year or Floyd Central as a freshman next school year to please call or email Pam Nevin @ Pnevin@nafcs.org 812-542-3102. Thanks!
- Summer School will run @ HHMS from June 5 – 16. Students will use Door 3 to enter/exit.
Athletics Announcements (We also have an athletic bulletin board located in the Commons near the pool)
- 7th and 8th grade Football practice will begin on July 17th from 6:00-8:00 pm. Coach Swearingen will be onsite to supervise beginning at 5:30 pm. Please monitor the HHMS Football FB page for equipment handout dates/ times and additional announcements.
- HHMS Fall 2023 Boys Soccer Tryouts:
Dates – 8/2 and 8/3 from 4:00-5:30pm each day.
What to bring to tryouts – Cleats, water, shinguards, and a ball with your name on it. Rosters announced – On the evening of 8/3. Logistics – Boys will stay after school and meet in the stands of the athletic field. Physicals – To be able to tryout, you’ll need to complete the Final Forms (see attachment) before trying out. Summer Conditioning: We’ll post more details when we know those dates.
- Cheerleading tryouts for next season will be Wednesday, May 24th from 4-5:30 in the gym. Tryouts are open to current 5th, 6th, and 7th graders that will be going to HHMS next school year. Wear comfortable athletic clothes and we are excited to see you there.
- Floyd Central Lady Highlander Basketball Camp 2023
- For Girls entering Grades 1-8 in the fall of 2023
- Register online at www.fcladyhighlanders.com
- June 5 th – June 8 th from 8:30 – 11:00 a.m.
- Cost $65
- Highlander Youth Football ~ https://highlanderyouthfootball.myonlinecamp.com
- Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2023 Floyd Central Highlander Boys Basketball Camps
- Registration is now open for Floyd Central Volleyball Camp! Girls and Boys in grades K-8 that are interested in volleyball are encouraged to attend. The camp will be staffed by FC’s Indiana State Final Four coaches and players. It is a great opportunity for young athletes to develop and/or improve their skills.
Date: July 18th-20th ~ Time: K-4: 5:30-6:45and 5-8: 7:00-8:45
Location: Floyd Central High School Price: K-4: $30 and 5-8: $40
Bring cash/check on the first night or Venmo @Kylie-Coleman-7 (Last 4 digits of phone number if needed are 6718) Any questions, please call 812-786-0990 for more information. We hope to see you there! Register Here
Other Summer Opportunities:
- Prosser Summer Camps:
This flyer is for 8th grade students:
Good luck to any of our Jaguars that perform or play this evening. Remember to go out and have a kind heart, a fierce mind, and a brave spirit. Have a great afternoon.
- Lunch Menu Links:
- My School Menus Website (also has a phone app that can be downloaded): https://www.myschoolmenus.com/instance/1091/district/1105
- Food & Nutrition Website (these menus are more printer friendly)*Scroll past the meal prices and click the arrows to access August: https://www.schoolnutritionandfitness.com/index.php?sid=2004121741184394&page=menus
- Click on the Free & Reduced Meal Application Tab to access the form: https://www.nafcs.k12.in.us/food-nutrition-services/
- Voluntetrips/guest speakers will require a criminal background check each school year. Here is the google link for Background check – https://forms.gle/vuLRRKRZkPSoFydn7
- ering in the building/field Car Rider Reminder – please pull you vehicle all the way up (bumper to bumper) so that we can get as many cars in as possible when loading and unloading.
- No Students should be walking in the parking lot unless with adult supervision. Thank you
- Car Rider Pick-up and Drop Off ~All car riders dropping off or picking up students will enter the Indian Creek Lane entrance (NOT our main entrance). The front is for Buses and Staff Parking only. Once you pass the tennis courts, you will use:
- Morning drop-off:
- To alleviate congestion on the main road in the morning, we will allow vehicles to use either the upper or lower car rider lines to drop off their students based on traffic flow.
- Only 5th-grade students will be allowed to go straight to their classroom at 8:40am.
- All 6th, 7th, & 8th-grade students using the upper car rider line will use the back stairwell with supervision to walk down to the Commons/Cafe’/Gym. These students should NOT stop at their locker or their classrooms unsupervised.
- Please stay in your lane and remain in that lane. If you are in the right lane, that will be taking you up to the upper car rider line. If you are in the left lane, that will take you to the lower car rider lane. For safety measures, you should NOT switch lanes at the 3-way stop.
- Afternoon pick-up:
- The right-hand lane to enter the Upper Car Rider Circle (5th & 6th Grade ONLY)
- The left-hand lane to use the Lower Car Rider Circle (for vehicles that have any 7th or 8th Grade students)
- All vehicles will NEED to stop at the 3-Way stop in the back.
- Both lanes will exit using the side parking lot
- Cars attempting to enter the front entrance will be directed to the Indian Creek Lane for drop off. We appreciate your cooperation.
- If you arrive at HHMS at 9:00, you need to use the front entrance and walk your student in for a Tardy pass. (The back doors will be locked for safety reasons)
- The CARE Program: The Indiana Chapter of American Academy of Pediatrics with support from Indiana FSSA, has created the CARE Program to help address the mental health needs of children and adolescents throughout the state of Indiana.
- Connects children and their families to the mental health services they need.
- Identifies barriers that impact a family’s ability to engage in services and helps to remove barriers
- Conducts follow-up interviews with participating families and documents their feedback
- There are multiple ways to enroll a child into the CARE Program:
- call 888-495-7271
- online www.surveymonkey.com/r/CAREIntakeForm
- Floyd County Health Department is hosting a Clothes for Kids Drive April 17th-May 17th 2023 for grade K-12. Items may be dropped off at Starbucks (Charlestown Rd or State St), Starlight Coffee (Floyds Knobs or Grantline Rd), and Mickey’s Coffee Shop (Vincennes Rd). Please consider donating new socks, new undergarments, jeans, t-shirts, hoodies, sweatpants and leggings, ect. Thank you for your help!
- PTO Newsletter (Thanks for taking a moment to look over) – (10) May 2023
We have a new fundraiser to end the school year! This time you don’t need to pick anything up at school – This pizza kit will be delivered directly to your home! What more can you ask for? If QR codes aren’t your thing, here is a direct link: https://fundraising.littlecaesars.com/login/join-fundraiser/98f224c1-1c14-4911-adfb-8c523b911cfc?ko_click_id=ko_5ee2jcet2fkju7gra PLEASE SHARE with family and friends! Thank you for supporting your Highland Hills PTO so we can support our students throughout the school year!