Highland Hills Middle School Announcement for Wednesday, May 24, 2023
- Here is the link to the JagWIRE newsletter from our Journalism Club if you were not able to open it yesterday:
- There will be a parent meeting for the New York Choir trip on Thursday, May 25th at 6:30pm with a chaperone meeting afterwards around 7:30pm.
- There will be an 8th grade event after school on Tuesday, May 30 that will be after school until 6pm. Parents will use both car rider lines for pick. Please do not use the front parking lot.
- If your child’s last name ends with A-L, use the upper car rider line.
- If your child’s last name ends with M-Z, use the lower car rider line.
- If you are picking up multiple kids or your child is riding with another parent, use the child’s name associated with the adult picking up.
- Yearbooks will go home TODAY during 7th period or homeroom class! Thank you to our Yearbook staff for all of their amazing work this year. To purchase one, go to Ms. Benning’s room (A-253) before school or during 7th period. Yearbooks are $40. You may bring a check made out to HHMS or bring $40 exact change.
- New student tour dates for 2023. https://forms.gle/bPRPrK8U3WDgTuPF6
- This is NOT for students that are in 4th grade at our feeder schools: Greenville, FKE, or Georgetown. They will tour with their schools in May.
- 7th & 8th Grade Students, tomorrow is your field day. Please dress appropriately with comfortable shoes. Don’t forget to wear your team color.
Upcoming end-of-the-year dates:
- Field Day(s) – Thank you to our fabulous PTO!
- Thursday, May 25th ~ 8th & 7th Grade
- Friday, May 26th 6th & 5th Grade
- All volunteers must have a background check prior to arriving.
- Memoral Day – Monday, May 29 – No School; Office is closed
- Awards Day
- 5th & 6th on Tuesday, May 30th
- 7th & 8th on Wednesday, May 31st.
- Parents will be notified with details if their student is receiving an award.
- All A’s Recognition will receive a certificate in Homerooms/1st Period
- Last Student Day- Wednesday, May 31
- Chromebooks collect. Any student absent this day should turn in their device at the office window during office hours
- Moving schools? If you know your student is not attending HHMS next school year or Floyd Central as a freshman next school year to please call or email Pam Nevin @ Pnevin@nafcs.org 812-542-3102. Thanks!
- Summer School will run @ HHMS from June 5 – 16. Students will use Door 3 to enter/exit.
Athletics Announcements (We also have an athletic bulletin board located in the Commons near the pool)
- 7th and 8th grade Football practice will begin on July 17th from 6:00-8:00 pm. Coach Swearingen will be onsite to supervise beginning at 5:30 pm. Please monitor the HHMS Football FB page for equipment handout dates/ times and additional announcements.
- HHMS Fall 2023 Boys Soccer Tryouts:
Dates – 8/2 and 8/3 from 4:00-5:30pm each day.
What to bring to tryouts – Cleats, water, shinguards, and a ball with your name on it. Rosters announced – On the evening of 8/3. Logistics – Boys will stay after school and meet in the stands of the athletic field. Physicals – To be able to tryout, you’ll need to complete the Final Forms (see attachment) before trying out. Summer Conditioning: We’ll post more details when we know those dates.
- Cheerleading tryouts for next season will be Wednesday, May 24th from 4-5:30 in the gym. Tryouts are open to current 5th, 6th, and 7th graders that will be going to HHMS next school year. Wear comfortable athletic clothes and we are excited to see you there.
- Floyd Central Lady Highlander Basketball Camp 2023
- For Girls entering Grades 1-8 in the fall of 2023
- Register online at www.fcladyhighlanders.com
- June 5 th – June 8 th from 8:30 – 11:00 a.m.
- Cost $65
- Highlander Youth Football ~ https://highlanderyouthfootball.myonlinecamp.com
- Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2023 Floyd Central Highlander Boys Basketball Camps
Other Summer Opportunities:
- Prosser Summer Camps:
This flyer is for 8th grade students: