- 5th and 6th grade parents: HHMS will be hosting Middle School Technology & Social Media Night on Tuesday, Dec 3rd from 6:00-7:30pm in the library. Trends on devices, using social media and tips and tricks to successfully monitor your childs device will be discussed. There will be a Q&A following the discussion. Child care is not provided. Please RSVP to 5th grade counselor Rene Strause @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 6th grade counselor Mr. Williams @ email@example.com
- Attention 8th grade parents: There will be an 8th grade parent night Dec. 6th from 6:00 – 7:30 in the library. High school scheduling and 4-year plans will be discussed. There will be a representative from Floyd Central that will be able to answer any questions you may have. Please RSVP with Mrs. Seewer @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Council Applications for the 2020 calendar year (January-December) will be available starting Dec. 2nd in the front office. Everyone who wants to join student council must fill out an application. Applications are due to the front office by Dec. 12th.
- It’s almost that time of year again when we start collecting food items for our Holiday Food Drive. The Food Drive will start on December 2nd and run through the week. 5th grade students are asked to bring in entrée items, 6th grade students are asked to bring in breakfast items, 7th grade students are asked to bring in boxed and side items, and 8th grade students are asked to bring in snack items. These items will go to your Homeroom or 1st period teacher. Your teachers have more specifics about food items fall under each category and there will also be posters around the school.
- As part of our Fall Outreach Program we have the opportunity to help our own local community this Holiday Season. Please take a moment to look over the wish list and sign up for the the Angel you would like to sponsor. These families are not receiving assistance elsewhere during the Holiday Season. Thank you in advance for your generosity & joyful giving!
- The Wreaths Across America ceremony will be held at the New Albany National Cemetery on Saturday, Dec. 14th. For details, visit a 7th grade social studies teacher’s website. All HHMS students are invited to participate.
- The Texas Roadhouse Gift card envelopes are due by Dec. 3rd.