Principal:Bill Krammes | Address: 3492 Edwardsville-Galena Road, Georgetown, IN 47122 | Phone:542-8501 | Office Hours:8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Highland Hills Middle School
Principal: Bill Krammes
Address: 3492 Edwardsville-Galena Road, Georgetown, IN 47122
Contact Hours: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Highland Hills Middle School is nestled in beautiful Georgetown, Indiana, right across the Ohio River from Louisville, Kentucky. We opened our doors in 2004 to students in grades six through eight. In the fall of 2010 we welcomed our first-ever fifth grade class. HHMS is the largest middle school in the state of Indiana with over 1650 eager learners in grades five through eight. Our team consists of 80+ teachers, four counselors, three administrators and a full-time school resource officer.
At Highland Hills Middle School our #1 priority is to provide a safe and nurturing learning environment for our students. We expect excellence from our students, and we build in multiple ways for students to gain the understanding and knowledge they need to meet the expectations of their classwork. We strive to make Highland Hills a place where students and parents feel welcome. Our counselors do a tremendous job of acclimating students to Highland Hills. We also have a wonderful parent base of volunteers and PTO that contribute to Highland Hills in a variety of ways. We do whatever it takes to help students realize their potential.
In addition to academic excellence, Highland Hills strives to encourage and support students in a variety of extracurricular activities. The music program flourishes with band, orchestra, hand bells and choir offerings. The sports program continues to excel with the variety of sports we offer. There are also several clubs offered including Science Olympiad, Chess Club, Campus Life, Campus Life, and Intramurals.
Highland Hills Middle School is proud to be a Professional Learning Community (PLC). The three big ideas of a PLC involve a having a laser beam focus on learning, collaboration, and results. Teachers work together to create pacing guides that help focus on the key learning indicators in each subject area. We then utilizes common formative assessments to identify where students are on their understanding of the material (are students meeting the standard or do they need more help?). The four essential questions we ask ourselves daily include the following:
- What do all students need to know and be able to do? (Pacing Guides)
- How will we know if they have learned it? (Common Formative Assessments)
- How will we respond when some students do not learn? (Acceleration opportunities for struggling students)
- How will we enrich and extend the learning of students who are already proficient? (Enrichment opportunities for proficient students).
Below are just a few reasons why HHMS is the Greatest Middle School on the Planet (GMS on the P)!
- Designated “A” School by the Indiana Department of Education!
- Exceeded 96% passing in math and 89% ELA on 2014 ISTEP!
- We have had six WHAS TV Excel Award winning teachers on our faculty!
- Achieved 98% passing rate on the Indiana Algebra End of Course Assessment – 2014
- Have been named a Four Star School (one of only 31 middle school in Indiana) in 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-2014, 2014-1015 by the Indiana Department of Education!
- Named a 2015 School to Watch by the National Forum to Accelerate Middle-Grades Reform. HHMS is one of only 14 middle schools in Indiana to have achieved this distinction!
Please follow us on Twitter (@HighlandHillsMS) and Facebook (Highland Hills Middle School) or visit our school website https://hhms.nafcs.k12.in.us.